Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 2

Lamb, nom nom
Day 2 was a bit hectic, we had our homeschooling co-op today (which means we're gone for 5 hours!) so I had to prep ahead. I made lunch (chicken salad with curried mayonnaise) last night, and then prepped tonight's dinner before I left (roasted leg of lamb with root vegetables...I LOVE lamb! But I discovered I am NOT a fan of turnips, yuck!)  I have a hard time cooking lamb.  It kind of scares me.  It's expensive and if you over cook it sucks, which just makes you sad and angry.  But it's hard for me to tell when to take it out!  I thought it was done and took it out for my husband to cut up, it was basically raw in the middle.  Gah.  Irritating, plus I was tired from a long day and hungry.  I threw my fork down on the counter and yelled "That's it!  I'm done!"  One fo those days.  But, my husband put the half cooked pieces back in the oven with the veggies that were cooking in beef stock, and it all turned out okay.  Kitchen hissyfits are sometimes necessary to preserve one's sanity.  At least, that's what I tell myself.

I also read elsewhere on the web that too much coconut oil can cause intestinal issues, if you're not used to it.  Which explains the awful nausea I had all night last night after consuming the EFLF recommended dosage of 6 tablespoons through the day!  I did 2tbsp today before breakfast and lunch and couldn't bring myself to do the dinner dose.  So I think tomorrow I'll reel it in and try 1/2 tbsp before each meal and see how I feel with that.

Tomorrow is also my husband's birthday!  So we're probably going to go out for dinner, but I don't think it will be too hard to eat something EFLF approved, thankfully.  I'll just have to restrain myself when it comes to dessert!

Today's stats-

Calories- 2,560
Fat- 168.5 (108.4 sat fat)
Carbs- 153
Protein- 121.8

57% fat, 24% carbs, 19% protein

No comments:

Post a Comment